Hello! I'm Lauren Lopez, thank you so much for stopping by. I created PhilaCarta after after a quest to research my husband's 120+ year old family business awakened my love of history. I use knowledge gained over a decade of experience working as a Graphic Designer (including 7 years as a designer of consumer products for Target and Walmart) and a BFA in Illustration from the University of the Arts to create all of PhilaCarta's products. The research process is just as important to me as the illustrations, and I work closely with historical institutions to ensure all facts and drawing are as accurate as possible. All of PhilaCarta's designs are created with both great design and tiny details in mind so they can be appreciated by locals as well as tourists.
If I'm not drawing or researching a project, I'm thinking about what to make next! If you have an idea for something you'd like to see made, I'd love to hear about it - please contact me.
As seen in:
- Courier Post : Here's Your Guide to South Jersey Made Gifts and Experiences
- Visit Philly : Love + Grit Storefront Project : A citywide exhibition transforming empty spaces into art installations by QBIPOC artists highlighting Black- and Brown-owned businesses
- The Creative Pause Project : Design Your Own Postcard with Lauren Lopez
- Elfreth's Alley : Museum Store Holiday Gift Guide
- Dr. James Still Education Center : Local Artist Highlights Dr. James Still
- PHL17 : Founding Footsteps Holiday Light Tour features Art of Lauren Lopez
- Retrospect Newspaper: Volume 122 No. 21: Lauren Lopez Maps out Historic Collingswood